Why KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig?
- Centers long, flexible knife blades in the jig for optimal, symmetrical results.
- The 5 1/2″ wide clamp stabilizes flexible blades.
- Centers tapered knives and holds them firmly.
- An extra stop for tall knives, such as cleavers.
- Ability to shape a slightly convex edge with a movement between the two stops.
- Robust design – zinc-cast clamps and durable composite stops.
- Well-balanced – most of the weight is focused on the clamps, which provides a more balanced feel when grinding.
- Slides smoothly with low friction against the universal support.
- Works with both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8, as well as older models.
Centering for symmetrical sharpening
When you mount your knife in the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig, the knife self-centers in the jig, whatever its thickness or geometry. This means that the jig centers everything from the thinnest knives to knives with a blade thickness of up to 10 mm (7/16″). It also means that knife blades that taper off from spine to edge and heel to tip are centered in the jig, providing symmetrical bevels on both sides of the blade. Easy setup, perfect results.
Wider clamp – more stability
The KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig works in the same way as the KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig but has a wider clamp. The wider 140 mm (5 1/2″) clamp stabilizes thin and flexible knife blades and provides more support for an even bevel along the entire blade. Of course it can also be used with larger knives with more stable blades, such as chef’s knives.
Please note that the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig cannot be used with the SVM-00 Small Knife Holder. The KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig is used instead.